About Clark Seals
Founded in 1956, Clark Seals is a highly specialized seal engineering firm and precision manufacturer of elastomeric seals for original equipment manufacturers and oil and gas drilling and production. For more than 5 decades, Clark Seals has focused on providing the most advanced custom seal designs, application engineering and problem seal analysis in the industry. Today Clark Seals is considered one of the premier seal producers in the world.
Clark Seals is structured as an engineering support organization, seamlessly integrating with manufacturers to provide application and manufacturing support, inventory management and purchasing logistics. Our work is fast and precise and helps strengthen all levels of engineering, manufacturing and supply-chain operations.
- Company Founded by Randy Clark.
- Developed first high precision bearing seals for The Timken Company.
- Opened manufacturing facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma to produce high quality bearing seals for tapered, spherical, cylindrical and double row bearings.
- Pioneered modern-day seal vacuum molded technology.
- Began producing high precision shaft seals for US manufacturers.
- Purchased by Henry Zahn.
- Initiated Optimum Seal Design Standards for US industry.
- Developed proprietary Seal Optimization Design Process for OEM applications.
- Designed and patented first negative R seal design for washing machines.
- Designed and patented first triple lip seal design for motorcycle forks.
- Designed and patented first hand-install seal design for sheaves and oilfield applications.
- Initiated NASA (AF) seal design standard for high pressure seals.
- Opened manufacturing facility in Ningbo, China to produce high precision shaft seals for global markets.